Twenty-one percent of full-time employees plan to change jobs in 2014, the largest amount in the post-recession era up from 17 percent in 2013.
Only fifty-nine percent of workers are satisfied with their jobs, down from 66 percent in 2013.
Workers more likely to change jobs than others appear to be responding to these factors:
• Workers who are dissatisfied with their job: 58 percent plan to change jobs in the New Year
• Workers who are dissatisfied with advancement opportunities at current company: 45 percent
• Workers who are dissatisfied with their work-life balance: 39 percent
• Workers who feel underemployed: 39 percent
• Workers who are highly stressed: 39 percent
• Workers who have a poor opinion of their boss’s performance: 37 percent
• Workers who feel they were overlooked for a promotion: 36 percent
• Workers who have been with their company two years or less: 35 percent
• Worker who didn’t receive a pay increase in 2013: 28 percent
Sources:Career Builder and Harris Interactive